In short (and plain English), we are good people. We will never use your private information in a harmful way and never email you without your consent. We also dislike sites and companies that do that, and we respect your privacy, and clean inboxes!
Welcome to imagi Edu (“imagiLabs”, “we”, “us” or “our”). imagi Edu is a learning platform that combines creativity, self-expression, and collaboration with learning to code. Educators around the world have used imagi Edu to inspire thousands of new coders. THIS APP IS FOR SCHOOL AND ORGANIZATIONAL USE: do not download unless you have an account created by your teacher. If you are not sure about your access, talk to your teacher or IT administrator.
- We never sell your data.
- We do not collect students' personal information.
- We use the latest security industry best practices to protect you.
- We are transparent about our practices and will notify you if things change.
- We are compliant with FERPA, COPPA, and GDPR.
FERPA AND COPPA COMPLIANCE
imagi Edu is a tool for teachers and does not collect any student data. It is fully compliant with FERPA and COPPA.
WHO DO WE COLLECT DATA FROM?
Teachers and educators, in general, may create accounts on imagi Edu.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Account Information: When teachers create an account on imagi Edu we collect their full name, email address, password, country, school name, and how they learned about us. Student accounts, consisting of a username, password, and class access code, are created by the teacher and should be completely anonymous.
Classrooms: imagi Edu also collects content that is added to your private classrooms. This content includes student credentials, student project data (drafts as well as published projects).
Projects: imagi Edu also collects teacher project data (drafts as well as published projects).
Communications: imagi Edu collects any information you send to us directly, such as email communications.
Log Data: When you use imagi Edu, we receive log data such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, device information, and mobile carrier. In addition, we may receive or collect additional information such as the referring web page, referring search terms, and pages visited. If you are using imagi Edu as a teacher, parent, or administrator, imagiLabs may use your IP address to determine your approximate location to send you customized marketing and other information about our products.
HOW DO WE USE THIS DATA?
We only use this information to provide our services to you. For example, we use this information to:
- Allow you to access and use our service by verifying your identity and storing your Classroom(s), Students' login credentials and projects created by you and your students.
- Provide customer support.
- Notify you about activity and updates to your account.
- Research, understand and analyze trends of users to improve and develop new features for our products.
- Promote enhancements to imagi Edu relevant for teachers and schools.
- Investigate, prevent, and detect activities on our service that we believe may violate the law or applicable regulations. At the request of a school, we may investigate accounts to determine whether they comply with school policies.
You can ask for your data to be deleted at any time, and also opt-out of marketing communications from us by emailing us at email@example.com.
DO WE ALLOW ADVERTISING OR SHARE DATA FOR ADVERTISING?
No. We have no interest in advertising within imagi Edu. We never display ads, allow third-party ads, share data for advertising or marketing purposes, or allow data collection by third-party advertisers or data brokers.
IN WHAT LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES MAY WE NEED TO SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not sell or share any data you provide with third parties except in the limited circumstances detailed below:
- We use a small number of third-party services to operate and improve imagi Edu – for example, a data center operator that manages our servers or a notification service that helps us send you messages about your account. These services need access to your personally identifiable information to work (i.e. your email address is required to send you email) but are contractually prohibited from using that information for any other purpose other than to provide the imagi Edu service. When these third-party services transfer the personal information of EU residents, these services are processors and are contractually bound to also comply with GDPR to protect their data privacy and security.
- We may disclose your information to a third party to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or a valid legal request - including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email unless prohibited from doing so by law.
- We may disclose student Account Information to the child’s school district upon request, as required by FERPA.
DO WE WORK WITH THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS SERVICES?
imagi Edu is constantly improving, and we use aggregated data about how it is being used (for example what buttons you click on or what pages you visit) to inform those decisions.
We currently do not collect any personally identifiable data, and to help us analyze the anonymous data we collect, we use a small number of third-party services (such as Google Analytics). In no circumstances data you have shared with imagi Edu (such as your Account Information) is shared with these services. In addition, these services are contractually obligated only to use data about your usage of imagi Edu to provide analytics services to us and are prohibited from sharing it or using it for other purposes.
You can choose to remove or disable cookies via your browser settings. Please be aware that imagi Edu will not work properly if you disable or decline cookies.
HOW DO WE HANDLE ABANDONED ACCOUNTS?
imagi Edu will delete an account and all content associated with the account if the account has not been accessed for more than 7 years.
HOW TO VIEW, CORRECT, EDIT, PORT, OR UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You have the right to correct, download for transport to a similar service, or delete any of your personal information collected by imagi Edu. You can ask for the information associated with your imagi Edu account to be updated by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT?
If you would like to delete your imagi Edu account, you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE?
imagi Edu takes protecting your security and privacy seriously and we've put several measures in place to protect the integrity of your information, including the use of access-controlled data centers, restricted employee access to user information, and data encryption in transit.
In the event of a security breach, we will notify affected account holders within the amount of time required by law so that you can take steps to keep your data safe.
You can reach us by mail at:
112 47 Stockholm